WHY SPONSOR HORIZON SPORTS CLUB?
Although members pay a termly fee we aim to keep this to a minimum to ensure the widest possible access to sports. Two-thirds of the running costs are met through grant applications, sponsorship and fundraising. The Club needs at least £40,000 per annum. We do not receive public funding other than through the competitive grant application process. YOUR support is therefore important to the Club.
WHAT SORT OF SPONSORSHIP IS NEEDED?
Like many charities we rely heavily on volunteers however there are certain unavoidable costs running a Club like Horizon. These key costs ensure that we can run all of our classes safely and to the highest standards.
- Qualified coaches without whom the Club would be unable to operate
- Lifeguards are essential for our swimming classes and must hold the appropriate qualifications
- Facilities hire which includes a range of schools as well as a public sports centre
- Volunteer training for our 75+ volunteer Assistant Coaches who are essential to provide 1:1 and sometimes 2:1 support for our members.
- T-shirts and sweatshirts for our coaches and volunteers
- Administrative costs such as insurance and registration costs which are essential.
RAISING THE PROFILE OF YOUR BUSINESS
The Club would be delighted to hear from any local businesses who would like to sponsor us for an on-going period e.g. a year or more as this provides stability and certainty. This could be sponsoring any of our Club ‘essentials’ outlined above or one of our classes shown below. If you would like to discuss a sponsorship do get in touch with our Hilda Stearn, our fundraising trustee: email@example.com
Golf Days, quiz nights and dinners are great ways to fundraise and are very helpful to the Club as a way of raising awareness of what we do and why it matters.
WHY NOT SPONSOR ONE OF OUR CLASSES?
Horizon runs a range of classes aimed at different ages and reflecting the abilities of the individula member. They include:
- Horizon Minis
- Multi Sports
- Ball Skills
- Junior swimming
- Senior swimming
The Club is continuously reviewing its classes and one of the most recent additions is cricket.
COVID 19 - update
CLASSES CANCELLED FROM 16th MARCH
Given the current government advice the Club is unlikely to be able to re-open before September 2020. The trustees are monitoring the situation and will provide an update as soon as possible. (26th May 2020)
For further information please contact Kirsty Middleton, Horizon Sports Club Operations Manager.